Outlook Manipulator will display this error can be one of two things:
- Anti-Virus is preventing the authentication for working, in which case, you can check to see if you have an Anti-Virus software on your machine. This may be blocking the authentication attempt. You can turn it off or whitelist Outlook to allow the connection.
- a MAPI error that indicates an error on the system and can often be resolved by running a repair on your Outlook installation. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on your Start menu and open the Control Panel
- Click on Uninstall a Program
- Locate the entry for Microsoft Office and click on it. After you click on it, you should see a button labeled Change appear either next to it, or at the top of the list (depending on what version of Windows you have). Click this Change button.
- Once Microsoft Office setup appears, choose the Repair option and click Next to have Microsoft Office repair itself. You may need to reboot your computer once this process is complete; Microsoft Office setup will tell you if you need to do this once it is done.
Once you run this repair, try authenticating again and it should work.